Open studios - Part 1 my little caravan shop

This weekend I've been taking part in an open gardens/open studio event and I have to say it was absolutely glorious both the weather and the event itself. I have to say at this point due to the amount of photos I've taken I'm going to split this post into 4 parts for easier reading, so stay tuned...


A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by Mariette Voke and Nigel Lambert inviting myself and a local jewellery maker - Andrea Davis to open up little shops at their open studio event this weekend. I jumped at the chance, and I'm so glad I did because I've had a wonderful time meeting new friends and getting to know others better.

My shop was situated in the couples cute 1950's caravan, which everyone was admiring. It's so tiny that I'm sure that when the bed is made up it is literally a bed in a box! We all want one now.        




The interior is basic but cosy with vintage fabric on the seats and at the windows.  



My display area was at the other end of the caravan.




 I'm really please with how the weekend went for me but to be honest if I hadn't sold a single thing I would have been happy just being there. I thoroughly enjoyed chatting to Andrea who is lovely and made me giggle throughout the weekend. If you get a chance pop along to her web site because the jewellery she creates is so colourful and more importantly wearable. She's sure to have something to tickle your fancy!  I'll show you some of her work in a post coming up. 


I hope you've all had a wonderful weekend and that the sun has been shining down on you.

Comments

  1. Oh my! That looks amazing, I love the rainbow bunting. Your stall looks wonderful. I wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like the perfect spot to show your work - can you keep it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so glad that it went so well for you. Yes the caravan is really lovely. when we lived at the old house my dauter had one as a den. I wish we were still there. Still, never mind, you never know what is around the corner!!

    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness- that caravan is fabulous, especially with all you beautiful things on display! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! That caravan is the epitome of cuteness! Your display looks fantastic - I'd love to be able to dive in and choose some colourful loveliness from it. What a great way to have spent the weekend.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments, I wish you could all have been there, I know you would have loved the garden and the cottage...and no I didn't get the chance to hook the caravan up to my car and drive away with it. They were watching me like a hawk - darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic little venue for your beautiful wares. All your things look lovely. Glad you had a good time. M x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could have been there to visit. Your display is so vibrant. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to live in your caravan!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaarr Lyn, isn't it cute. It's even got floor boards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That 1950’s caravan is a not-so-ordinary sight! The interior is indeed small, but hey, it looks very cozy, welcoming, and functional! The crafts you made were just perfect for the classic appeal of the trailer. I love everything about it! =]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts