All I want is a good nights sleep

Morning!

Picture the scene.


It's 01:30 in the morning and your tucked up in bed when you're woken by a thud, followed by a scrambling sound, followed by something jumping on you as you struggle to make sense of what's going on.


This has been my very early routine for the past six months ever since Baby and Sweetie moved in. They are manic house mates but crack me up and I've surprised myself by how much I've fallen in love with them.


This was the state of my work room this morning after the whirlwind of early morning frenzied activity.  





Not a single rug in this house stays flat any more! 

As I type this they are outside in the sun terrorizing the dog next door...poor thing. 



***Tomorrow is the day that we all head to Hereford to watch my sister carry the Olympic torch. If it's on the news look out for us we'll be the ones with the big banner!!! :) ***

Comments

  1. How exciting for your sister ... you must be very proud! Love from Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire you can not imagine how proud we are. I start to well up every time I think of it and my stomach churns, anyone would think I was doing it x

      Delete
  2. How fantastic is that - your sister with the Olympic torch not the cats destroying your house! We have five cats and they can make a spectacular mess when they put their minds to it! Their best trick though is to try and sit on the newspaper when you're trying to read it!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi June, I think cats go to cat training school to be taught the best ways to get human attention ;)

    as for Jo and the torch, well, what more can I say? Except that I foresee a long blog post looming on the horizon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds sooooooo familiar. Marmalade is just now, after four years, calming down but I still get the early morning wake up on the odd nights I am home not working nights.

    Hope it all goes well tomorrow and your sist has a lovely time.

    Take care.

    Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that, she'll be so chuffed. I know she's getting really nervous. xxx

      Delete
  5. aahh bless them my rugs are the same with Timmy one in particular he kills it im sure he thinks its a mouse of something ;-)) Enjoy your day today with your sister, dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before I scrolled down to the photos I was a bit concerned to know who exactly Baby and Sweetie were!!!
    Enjoy your time with your sister and The Torch. My brother and Aunt carried it in the 2000 Olympics in Australia!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trudy, your comment made me laugh. I can see why you would be a little concerned, perhaps that explains why my post has had so many views!! ;)

      Wow your brother AND your aunt carried the torch how wonderful is that!!? We had a brilliant day yesterday. I'm just trying to get all the photos together and then I'll show everyone x

      Delete
  7. oh i've only just read this post, hope your sister carried the torch ok and your housemates, yes one of mine is abit like that, i cant leave him with any kitchen roll or toilet roll as he just rips it all up x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Opps! We have been thinking about getting one as well...but not sure I could cope with the night activity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it must be like having a baby in the house. I don't think it would be as bad if there was just one but they seem to trigger one another off!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts