Last night I spent the night in my mum and dad's back garden having a camping adventure with my two nine year old nieces.
The plan was to sleep in the tent and cook a full English breakfast on the camping stove when we got up...well silly old me put the camping gas in the boot of the car but forgot to put the stove in with it!! Not to be put off by this little oversight we decided to cook our meal the conventional way and I set about cooking the sausages in the kitchen.
When they were done I went to remove them from the pan using a fork but one of the little devils fell off the fork and back into the hot oil, creating a mini tidal wave which landed on my thumb, ouch!
Now I'm left with an impressive blister and a stinging digit - and the girls didn't eat the bloomin' things any way...